Будь який, але щоб було слова авиабилеты Kyiv (KBP) - Colombo (CMB)
The cosmopolitan capital of Sri Lanka. Meanwhile, one of the few in the world that has not lost its unique charm due to the rapid industrialization. The atmosphere is cozy here in the company of a million locals and tourists. It’s all due to the unique charm, which, like a magnet, attracts seekers of wanderings.
To get around the city
Bandaranaike International Airport is 27 km away from the capital. Transport options are for any taste and budget:
- Bus. Affordable and safe. Exit the airport and head to a nearby stop. Then look for the bus No.187. The fare to the city center is about €1*.
- Taxi. It is better to use official applications: Uber or local PickMe. If you are a fan of extreme sports or prefer to dive into the local atmosphere — catch tuk-tuks or local taxi drivers right at the exit.
The main thing here is not to get lost in the number of must-see sights and to build a travel itinerary in such a way as to get a maximum of impressions. We have kept everything for you in a logical sequence:
- Main, noisy, and atmospheric Galle Road. The real heart of the city, packed with restaurants and good-natured locals. You need to start your acquaintance with the city from here.
- Gangaramaya Buddhist temple on the shores of Lake Beira. It is a very calm and picturesque place, although you are in the middle of the bustling capital.
- Market quarter Pettah. Stop any tuk-tuk and shout "Pettah". The driver will certainly understand and teleport you to the heart of the city. After all, where, if not here, to cognize its true essence?
- Galle Face Green. Located not far from the previous location. Grab a coffee, make oneself comfortable in any cozy cafe, and enjoy the sunset on the shores of the Indian Ocean.
Get ready for the thrill. Red peppers and a variety of spices are the staple of Sri Lankan cuisine. The daily menu consists of rice, fresh fish, and a wide variety of vegetables. We recommend eating at local establishments: the prices are pleasant, and the taste will delight. A dinner for two will cost about €15*.
To explore (things to see out of the city)
Sri Lanka is about the ocean, Buddhism, and freedom. And no matter how beautiful the capital is, the main destination of most tourists is the nature of the island. We recommend spending a few typical tourist days in Colombo, and then driving to Negombo, Unawatuna or any other resort town offering a religion, sweet doing nothing, and tons of fresh fruits.
Apartments in the city center cost about €36*.
A place in the hostel a little further from the center can be rented for about €10*.
To book a flight
Kyiv — Colombo flights are available on the SkyUp Airlines website. Go ahead and choose the date you want.
We also provide an opportunity to purchase airline tickets Kyiv — Colombo by installments. Fly now, pay later.
* All prices in the text are as of the date of publication.
We at SkyUp want your trip to be comfortable and beautiful, and that you completely relax, forget about any worries and set out to relax already in the cabin.
SkyInterior on our sides SkyUp is one of the reasons why it is so pleasant and comfortable to fly with us. This is an integrated approach to the design of the aircraft cabin, which is based on the principles of ergonomics, rationalism and, of course, comfort.
The main and really impressive effect, which is noted by absolutely everything - is the multi-colored interior lighting, which is selected depending on the phase of flight. The colors change very smoothly within a few minutes and create an inconspicuous calming and relaxing effect during the flight.
In the night phase of the flight, the light is turned off; for comfort, only the pleasant blue Sky Skylight remains, which somewhat resembles the light of the moon. At dawn, when the time to wake up, the color of the backlight changes to orange-pink - the color of the rising sun.
SkyUp offers to enjoy the comfort of modern lounges and feel the incredible emotions during the flight. After all, the journey must begin beautifully, do you agree?