On December 28, SkyUp Airlines flew from Kyiv to Hambantota, the capital of the southern province of Sri Lanka. The flight program will provide only the option of a 10-day round-trip departing from Kyiv and will last until March 17, 2022. Flights will be operated 4 times a week - on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. The flight will last 10 hours and 40 minutes with a technical stop at Sharjah Airport, UAE.
The island of eternal summer
Coconut palms, soft sand, water shimmering 50 shades of blue - what else do you need for a perfect holiday? Sri Lanka is famous for its ancient Buddhist shrines, incredible waterfalls and famous Ceylon tea plantations. The southern coast of the island from November to April has dry weather with minimal rainfalls. The air warms up + 28-32ºС, and the water temperature rarely drops below + 25ºС. Do not deny yourself the pleasure of exploring the island of Ceylon and recharge with the warm rays of the sun!
Fares and prices
Tickets are available for booking at Basic and Standard fares without the possibility of changing dates regardless of the selected rate. The Basic fare includes one piece of hand luggage up to 9 kg and check-in 2 days before departure. With the Standard fare you can take with you two pieces of hand luggage up to 9 and 5 kg, luggage weighing up to 23 kg, choose a place free of charge (except for seats up to 5 rows near emergency exits), check in 15 days before departure and receive 10% discount on additional services.
Tickets are already available on skyup.aero:
- Kyiv - Hambantota - Kyiv: from UAH 13,317 *without luggage
- Kyiv - Hambantota - Kyiv: from UAH 15,495 *with luggage
On the SkyUp website, passengers can not only check in for a flight for free online, but also conveniently and quickly order additional services to make the trip comfortable and convenient. Whether you choose the best places, order a Covid-19 testing service or take out life insurance with our VUSO partners, you can do it all in a few clicks.
We are sure that your long flight will turn into a real gastronomic pleasure, because SkyUp together with the international catering agency Do & CO have developed a special menu that will make you feel like you are in a restaurant. SkyBox for all tastes and special types of menus are available on flights: vegetarian, Muslim, kosher, dietary. Meals must be ordered no later than 32 hours before departure.
To enter the territory of Sri Lanka, vaccinated tourists will need:
- negative PCR test (in English), made 72 hours before boarding (except for children under 12 years).
- by December 31, 2021, it is necessary to issue an international medical insurance policy with coverage of COVID-19 treatment, as the Government of Sri Lanka will not cover any costs, and from January 1, 2022 it is necessary to issue a local medical insurance policy with coverage COVID-19.
- tourist visa (30 days) must be issued exclusively online at eta.gov.lk.
- Health Declaration Form: before departure, be sure to fill out an online form for each tourist separately (including children, regardless of age) and download the relevant documents (vaccination certificate, negative PCR test, first page of passport) etc). Form at the link: https://airport.lk/health_declaration/index. Once completed, you will receive a unique QR code, save it on your phone or print it out at the airport.
- It is necessary to have the original of the international vaccination certificate with you. Any type of vaccine that is approved in the country of origin will work.
Unvaccinated children (12 to 18 years old) must:
- pass a PCR test on arrival (at the airport or hotel level 1 "Safe and Secure"). If PCR is negative - there are no quarantine restrictions, free movement accompanied by parents is allowed.
- children under the age of 12 do not need to perform a PCR test on arrival - they are allowed to move freely accompanied by their parents.
Unvaccinated tourists need:
- pass the PCR test on arrival (at the airport or hotel level 1 "Safe and Secure"). There are also 14 days in the level 1 hotel "Safe and Secure". On the 12th day of stay it is necessary to pass the PCR test, if the result is negative - quarantine restrictions are removed, free movement is allowed.
Incompletely vaccinated tourists (those who have less than 14 days after receiving the second dose of the vaccine) over 12 years old need:
- pass the PCR test on arrival (at the airport or hotel level 1 "Safe and Secure"). You must have an international vaccination certificate with you.
- after receiving a negative result, such tourists must stay in the hotel level 1 "Safe and Secure" until the end of the 14-day period after receiving the second dose of the vaccine. On this day, another PCR test is scheduled, if the result is negative - quarantine restrictions are removed, free movement is allowed.
- the cost of one PCR test (in Sri Lanka) is $ 40. Payment for the PCR test can be made upon arrival at the appropriate location for the test, or you can order and pay in advance online at visitsrilanka.gov.lk.
- for tourists with a positive PCR test, treatment / stay in one of the private hospitals is provided.
In order to avoid misunderstandings, we recommend that you additionally check the current rules for entering Sri Lanka on the Interactive Map of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, as well as the rules for crossing the border when returning to Ukraine.
For real travelers, the hot season begins now, because SkyUp has opened the sale of tickets for the summer program 2022: there are 107 routes in the list to 30 countries from Kyiv, Zaporizhzhya, Lviv, Odesa and Kharkov.
Travel safely and discover the world with SkyUp.
* The price is as of the publication date