With respect to the spread of the coronavirus epidemic, as well as the tightening of measures to limit it by various countries, including Italy and Israel, SkyUp Airlines has been reducing its flight program to these countries. For some destinations, the start of the flight program is postponed to the beginning of summer, and for another the number of flights will be reduced. The air carrier provides a free procedure for changing the date or getting a refund for an unused trip.
Restrictive measures in Israel and Italy
From the evening of 12 March, Israel imposes restrictions on foreigners arriving in the country. Entry will be permitted only to those who confirm the ability to provide 14-day home quarantine.
Since 10 March, due to a sharp outbreak of the coronavirus cases, Italy has imposed a ban on public gatherings, sporting events have been canceled, moving around the country is allowed only for proven needs.
We understand that such enhanced security measures can be a good reason for our passengers to refrain from traveling to these countries. Given the overall decrease in travel demand as the epidemic spreads, SkyUp Airlines is making temporary changes to its flight programs to Italy and Israel.
Israel flight program changes
Currently, SkyUp Airlines operates flights to Tel Aviv from Zaporizhzhia and Lviv. Until 16 April 2020, the frequency of flights in these directions will be temporarily reduced:
- Lviv — Tel Aviv — Lviv — 6 flights canceled (19, 26, 30 March; 2, 6, 13 April);
- Zaporizhzhia — Tel Aviv — Zaporizhzhia — 5 flights canceled (15, 22, 29 March; 5, 12 April);
- Kharkiv — Tel Aviv — Kharkiv — the flight program, which was scheduled to start on 29 March, has been completely canceled.
Attention! UPDATED. As of 12 March, flight Lviv — Tel Aviv — Lviv scheduled for 22 March and flight Zaporizhzhia — Tel Aviv — Zaporizhzhia scheduled for 19 March are also canceled.
Italy flight program changes
For some Italian destinations, the start of the flight program is delayed. Therefore:
- Flights Kyiv — Rome, Bergamo, Bologna, Pisa will start on 1 June 2020;
- Flights Kyiv — Bari will start on 1 May 2020;
- Flights Lviv — Rome, Bergamo will start on 1 June 2020.
Flights to Naples continues unchanged.
The start of flights to Rimini and Lamezia Terme, scheduled for 30 May 2020, as well as to Catania (start on 26 May), remains unchanged so far.
Ticket refund policy
Tickets for canceled flights can be rebooked for other dates free or fully refunded.
- If your flight is canceled: free change of date or full refund of the cost of the ticket;
- If you want to cancel the trip to Israel for personal reasons: free change of date provided if your ticket is purchased for flights departing till 15 April 2020;
- Passengers who purchased tickets for flights Kharkiv — Tel Aviv — Kharkiv will be offered a free change of the place of departure/arrival from Kharkiv to Zaporizhzhia or a full refund of the cost of the ticket.
For refunding or rebooking other flights, please:
- send inquiries by email to [email protected] if the ticket was purchased on the website of the air carrier;
- contact your place of purchase, if the ticket is purchased through the airline’s agent network.