Creating trends instead of following them is a pillar of SkyUp Airlines philosophy. We always aim to be dynamic and flexible in order to find the most effective solutions.
In autumn 2021, SkyUp passengers will be greeted by flight attendants wearing new SkyUp Champions uniform. And it’s not just comfortable and stylish clothes, but completely new vision.
SkyUp Champions concept
The uniform embodies the idea of movement. The form is created for active, bold, bright; those who do not like superfluous officialdom, but appreciate style; reacts quickly, acts in a balanced manner, accepts challenges and finds a way out of any situation. These are clothes for those who are open to new things, those who love travel and life.
«Before creating a new concept in collaboration with Frame Fashion Consultancy, we delved into history and analyzed the global evolution of the uniform of flight attendants from the early 1930s. It changed depending on the role that the crew performed in flight,» says Marianna Grigorash, Head of SkyUp Airlines Marketing Department. «Times have changed, women have changed, so in contrast to the conservative classics, heels, red lipstick and a bun, a new, more modern and comfortable image of a “champion” has appeared. Freedom, natural beauty, individuality, no patterns and sneakers in which everyone “would like to fly”».
«The study and interviews with flight attendants became the starting point for working on a new image — a modern girl with an active life position — a champion who works for team result and shows respect for herself and her health. So we decided to replace the shoes with sneakers. We also invited Ukrainian fashion designers to create the uniforms — the GUDU brand to develop a suit and the GUNIA PROJECT brand of exceptional things to find perfect print for the silk scarf. Each of tour collaborators is the best in the field: a real champion,» says Olga Tsaregradskaya, curator of the project.
TOP-5 changes in uniform design
- Instead of suits with skirts — trouser suits with soft tailoring aesthetics and trench coats made of Italian eco-leather, created together with the Ukrainian fashion brand GUDU.
- Instead of high heels, the Nike Air Max 720, comfortable, ergonomic sneakers made as part of the company's initiative to reduce waste and environmental impact. 75% of this model consists of recycled materials. The key feature of these sneakers is the record high air cushion along the entire length of the sole. This gives the Air Max 720 incredible cushioning and resilience for maximum comfort all day long.
- The main accent of the image is a sky-blue silk scarf, which is attached to the epaulettes of the jacket and coat. We created the scarf, which is a symbolic feature of the airline's uniform, together with the Ukrainian brand of exceptional things GUNIA project.
- The makeup was inspired by the colors of the sky, which can be seen from the cockpit. Backstage Beauty & Refresh professionals developed a subtle gradient with sunset-like soft orange and blue, as during sunrises. At the same time, the makeup is natural with an emphasis on the eyes. The new look presupposes a variety of hairstyles: different weaves, replacing the classic flight attendant bun.
- Complementing the look is a bright orange suitcase by Have A Rest from their limited collection.